Monday, May 21, 2012

Diane Perin Hock 12X12 quilt in TCQC 05-20-12

Here is the Poodle Prince designed by Diane from photos on my Blog.  This is another of the gift quilts made by the Twelve by 12 group to thank me for sponsoring their exhibit at the Quilt Festivals.  The Twelves will be showing their quilts at the Quilt Festival in Long Beach and some of them will be there to sign books and answer questions. 
 http://twelveby12.org   http://twelveby12.blogspot.com/



"Corky Encounters Nature"  Diane Perin Hock - Healdsburg, CA  2011  12" x 12"
Commercial cotton fabrics, batiks, tulle. Machine thread painting, quilting.
dphock@comcast.net  http://www.goingtopieces.blogspot.com/


Such a loving rendering of my favorite poodle - hard to believe that Diane has never met him face to face!  One thing she has incorrect is that Corky doesn't pay the slightest attention to Nature.  Ducks and geese have walked right past his nose and he completely ignores them.  He is, after all, the center of the world, so why should he bother with lowly creatures.   When I showed this quilt to Corky's Daddy he said, "Where should we hang it?"  Not so fast, Pops, it will hang in the Nanny's house!  I love it.

A nice cabbage back that shows all the stitching, a perfect faced edge and a generous sleeve.  

A simple, but personal label.  No contact, but at least a city where someone could start looking.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Dolores said...

Welcome back, Del!!! Hope you're feeling much better. XX

Corky said...

I love this quilt and I'm sure it means a lot to you since it's of that special dog! Hope you're feeling better.

Patty ♣ said...

I Knew at First Glance that that was Your Corky! The one and only Poodle Prince!!! The quilt is WONDERFUL! A Perfect gift for you! ♥

June said...

I want to say "like" (meaning "yup") to Patty's comment. A perfect likeness, even if wildlife is there (to be ignored).

Diane Perin said...

Del, I had such a good time making this quilt! Thanks for showing it on your blog! Hope you're feeling well and I am looking forward to meeting you in Long Beach in July!