Thursday, May 24, 2012

Preparing for a Road Trip 05-24-12

In just a week I'll be on the road again en route to Montana with my Kansas friend Ruth Powers.  We plan to see all the Big Sky Country we can both before and after taking a class with Ruth McDowell at the Quilt Gallery in Kalispell.   I'll try to post a lot, depends on my energy level!  Here are some pictures from a solo trip I took in June, 2005.  
 
I don't know what to expect to see in the wide Flathead Valley.  In 2005 there were still vast acres of grain and cattle grazing land, but I understand in the last seven years there has been a great increase in population, so maybe this property is now covered with McMansions.  I'll keep you posted.
 
We hope to spend some time at the National Bison Range.  I was there most of a day and photographed this herd of wild bison taking dust baths.
 
But not all the critters are wild.  This is a herd of bison raised for their meat. 
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Patty ♣ said...

WOW! R♥ad trip!!! YAY! Post when you can Please! I Love going along!!! XO Have a blast!!Be SAFE!

Dolores said...

Have a wonderful time and take lots of pictures!! XX

Gerrie said...

Have fun and be healthy!! XXOO

Rayna said...

I thought Ruth McDowell was retiring - or am I hallucinating? Wish she were teaching in NJ so you could come here!!

Sadly, probably McMansions where there were once plains. So discouraging.

Beverly said...

Drive safe, have fun, and I hope to meet up with you on the way back home!!

Hugs--

Loretta said...

You and Ruth are about the have the most wonderful time in a very beautiful part of our country. Plus a class with Ruth...the time will be perfect. I took Rt 97 all the way and it was a beautiful drive, most trucks take Rt 5. Safe travel.