Monday, May 21, 2012

R-rated Post 05-21-12

I'm back from my Blog Break and seem to be feeling better.  I'm taking my meds and trying to get lots of rest, but my tail is still dragging a bit.  What time I have spent on the computer has not included much "browsing", maybe next week.  But I do have pictures that I have been intending to post, so that is what I will do for a few days.

When I was growing up one of my girl friends used the rest room twice a day, or so she claimed, once in the morning and once in the evening.  She would be cross with me because I had to go every few hours!  And it has been that way all my life.  Of course, she has probably missed a lot of interesting sights, such as this unusual rest room located at il vecchio restaurant in Pacific Grove, CA.    

 
When I opened the door this is the sight that "caught my eye" - it is about forty inches wide, so one cannot miss it.  I''ve never viewed a zaftig lady in the flesh, so I can't comment on the realism, but the color is nice.
 
As you can see some artistic effort was made by painting small dots on the floor.  Since the restaurant only opened last fall I doubt that the bare spots are worn away.  Maybe someone plans to come back and do some more dotting.  Or perhaps they think that certain areas will just wear away, so why do all that dotting.
 
Quite a modern urinal - almost a sculpture.  Wonder if the black tiles are a directional indicator.  The orchid is silk and the stool certainly must be from the dump.  Or maybe the artist will be back to decorate it - stripes would be nice. 
And even if you don't need to use the rest room, it is an excellent restaurant - reservations necessary.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

June said...

DEfinitely worth the stop!

Rayna said...

The zaftig lady looks pretty realistic to me:-).
And the urinal is definitely an improvement over the usual ones. Lovely floor.

Suzanne Kistler said...

Glad you are back!! Keep healing!