Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Guys on the open road 04-28-12

A couple weeks ago I drove down to Visions Art Museum in San Diego on a lovely day.  Somewhere around San Clemente a group of six motorcyclist entered I-5.  "Oh, no", I thought, "back away from these guys."  With the high cost of gas there are more motorcycles on the road and many, many more accidents involving them.   It isn't all the motorcyclists fault, but a lot of it is.  They split lanes, they speed, they zigzag into and out of traffic - that "I'm in front" mentality - they follow too closely,  they are a generally hazard.

 
But these six guys were precision riders.  At first I thought they might be police officers off duty - but not with the beards and ponytails!
 
The rider on the right of center pair was a woman.
 
The guy on the left in the front pair set the pace and they all kept the pace.
 
It was exhilarating to watch them ride in formation at a steady 70-75mph. 
This picture taken in my sideview mirror - notice the clouds to the northeast.


 
But ahead to the south the white clouds float in a pure blue sky.   It was a gorgeous day and a great, easy drive. 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Corky said...

Del, I could just see you on the back of one of these bikes. You'd need leathers though - including a leather hat!