Thursday, August 2, 2012

Quilt Festival - Long Beach '12 08-01-12

These are the last photos I have of this year's Quilt Festival.  Except for a few more of the 12x12 exhibit which I'll post tomorrow evening.


 

This quilt is larger than I expected it to be.  I'd guess it is about 50" square.  I did find picture elsewhere that states, "1212x1436, but I don't know what those numbers mean. Do you?
 

A wonderful handmade quilt - beautifully stitched.  The blue background is inspired.
 
 
 
 

I see more and more thread painted pieces that are almost photographic.

Here is another of the detailed quilts from Japan.  Such patience!  
 

See the beads at the top and down the side of this image.
 

Here are more of the tiniest glass beads, like minute stars scattered around this quilt.  Each one sewn by hand.


y 

I like this quilt very much and went back to visit it a number of times.  It looks cold, doesn't it?
 

Laura Fogg never disappoints.  Another of her special landscape quilts with gorgeous details.
 

Laura has an unerring eye for choosing fabric to convey the feeling she wants.



Terry has a different view of tulips that is equally as effective.  The black around the quilt is the drape behind it, which I left to show the drooping leaf in the front center.

The patched back ground with flowers and butterflies lends a whimsical note.

Visions Museum Director Beth Smith and volunteer Judy Warren-Tippets.
Last day of Festival at the VAM table.  We passed out a lot of literature and sold a bunch of books.  It was a great weekend.   http://www.visionsartmuseum.org/

#   #   #

4 comments:

Loretta said...

I'm pleased to see handwork still is a viable skill in this time of rush, rush, rush. Thank you for sharing.

Quiltedtime said...

Thanks for posting these, Del. Even though I attended the show, I somehow missed seeing some of them. I especially liked the two tulip quilts.

Mary Ann Littlejohn said...

1212x1436 - centimeters maybe?

Thanks for sharing the photos.

Mary Ann Littlejohn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.