Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Wondering 08-27-12

I am a license plate reader and a lot of them mystify me.  One time on I-5 I unintentionally played tag with a car showing an undecipherable plate, but we stopped for gas at the same station, so I asked the male driver what his plate meant.  He snarled at me and barked out, "It's my name." turned on his heel and stomped away.  I wanted to ask him why it made him so angry, but considering the prevalence of road rage, I demurred.     


I recently saw this one on the 22 Freeway in Los Alamitos.  I Googled "437 feet", but that didn't help.  It could mean a full roll of brown paper, a hole in Alabama, the 10th largest yacht in the world, a Geo caching spot above the Penobscot River, or a bunch of other things.  None seem applicable. 

This is a repeat from 2009.  I like the fact that it is a "Great Ride", but even better is the "Actual Size" decal on the window if this Mini Cooper.
#   #   #

3 comments:

Quiltedtime said...

That last plate has got me puzzled. I would agree with your "Great Ride" except for the "K". Trying to figure out how that fits in...

Del said...

Yes, but how else could it read?

Quiltedtime said...

Maybe Go-Cart Ride? It's sort of small...