Thursday, August 30, 2012

Wounded Warrior Quilt in progress 08-30-12

I'm still sewing an hour a day, but that includes finding MORE red/white/blue fabric, pressing, cutting and, finally, actually sewing.  Once I discovered that the quilt needs to be 48-50" wide and 78-80" long I went back to the strips I had already sewn to add another 20" to each strip.  You are only seeing the bottom two-thirds of the strips - I don't have a way to hang all 80" unless I use a ladder - not something I can do anymore.  When I have all 25 strips constructed I'll have to get someone to stand on the ladder and hang things fulll length.  I decided to make the bottom of the quilt alternating red and white which will limit how much rearranging I will be able to do.  This isn't the Mona Lisa!

5 comments:

Gerrie said...

I love this. I want to try something like this for my next kid quilt.

Patty ♣ said...

Del, I really, really like what you have done!... I'm not allowed on ladders anymore either.

Dolores said...

You go girl - looking great!!! Ladders? Haven't seen one of those for about 3 years!! XX

shilsenbeck said...

I'm loving this. Very interesting looking.

Christine Thresh said...

That is so cheerful.