Sunday, September 30, 2012

Things I see on I-5 09-29-12

Those of you who have been reading my Blog in the past you know that I am always wondering about things I see on the highway.  Sometimes I can take pictures, but sometimes it doesn't work.  This post has two images of a strange cargo and one picture of a "village" that doesn't work.

 
What can this be?  It was in view off and on for quite a few miles when I was driving to San Diego last week.   Do any of you have a idea?
 
I suppose one clue could be those fancy gizmos here and there on the tubes.  Tie downs?  He did have the thing well tied down, always nice to see.  But not tied to the gizmos.
 
I've taken several pictures of this installation between I-5 and the ocean (which you can see just behind the houses), but my camera is inadequate.  I'm  hesitant to pull over on the shoulder and get out of my car to take a better picture, because this is within the boundary of Camp Pendleton.   Anyway, this is where marines train in a simulated village such as they will find in Iraq or Afghanistan.  I've never seen any people there, but others tell me they have.  It seems an unlikely place to construct such a facility - in full view of the hundreds of thousands of commuters on I-5. 
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Dolores said...

It might be the cage on top of a tractor?

Mrs. Sew and Sew - Karen said...

It looks like chassis for a dune buggy or some kind of off road vehicle. Just saying...lol.let me know if you find out.

Del said...

With Mrs. Sew and Sew's suggestion in mind I did some Goggling and I think it is a dune buggy roll cage, or maybe more than one. Thanks, Karen. Del

Vivian Helena said...

I agree, dune buggy cages, or might be for special race cars.