Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Wounded Warrior quilt in progress 09-04-12


I did not sew today, just too much going on.  But I did figure out a way to hang the strips full length without getting on a ladder.  I just put a sheet on one of my free standing quilt display stands, pinned on the strips and raised it right to the ceiling.  Of course, I have to lower it to make any changes and there are certainly changes to be made.  When I was pinning I mixed things up and pinned two reds together and two whites together.  This is only 15 strips and I need 20.  I will make some that are not quite so random to insert here and there.  Some of the fabrics are directional and my picky brain can't tolerate them upside down - TOO random.
I may sew most of tomorrow because I would much like to take this finished to the SQG meeting on Tuesday.  Then I can sort out some UFOs to work on.  I'm enjoying this.  
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

shilsenbeck said...

Standing back at the distance of the photo, this has great movement and is very very cool looking.

Michele Bilyeu said...

This is quite wonderful. It actually reminds me of warrior's spears or something similar! I have been focusing on my Alzheimer's quilts but do long to get back to some patriotic 'warrior' ones, myself.

Come on over and see all that I have been doing...www.with-heart-and-hands.com

I put my heart and soul into my blogging as well as my quilting! Lots of photos in previous posts from Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show in Oregon. Ever been?

Loretta said...

This piece is looking wonderful. I'm pleased to hear you are sewing and enjoying yourself.

abelian said...

I like it very much, Del. I'm working on one with many red stars and blue stars, all from my stash.

Dottie

Beverly said...

I agree, this is looking great. I really like the movement you've gotten with the colors. Enjoy the sewing!

Meggie said...

Enjoy your journey with this. It is lovely. xx