Thursday, October 18, 2012

A Day at Visions Art Museum 10-18-12

Today was a docent training day at Visions Art Museum.  This event was in preparation for the  biennial exhibit "Brainstorms" which opens on Saturday.  There was a huge crowd of willing volunteers, about fifty, I believe.  I hardly had a chance to really enjoy the quilts, but I will be going back many times before the exhibit ends in February.  I hope you will be able to visit this wonderful collection of quilts.  I will be doing docent duty in December and January.

  Pictures are not allowed inside the gallery, but with so many ladies the quilts were hardly visible.

   
After the training session a group of eight went out to lunch at one of my favorite spots in the area, "Solare".  I didn't take a picture of my chicken sandwich (which was way too salty for me) and have decided that next time I will just order what Beth orders.  This is her seared Ahi salad.  She also had butternut squash soup with a lovely presentation in a very wide brimmed bowl.  I tasted it - delicious.  Her selection always seems more interesting that mine.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: