Sunday, October 7, 2012

Tiny June Underwood quilt in TCQC 10-07-12

One of the very special things about being part of the huge community of quilters is making little quilts and treasures for your quilting friends.  If you are in a friendship group you are probably familiar with the many ways of exchanging such things.  Since we know the amount of time, creativity and labor that goes into each gift I think we appreciate them more than a non-quilter. 
June made this little piece for me..... well, "just because". 
June's Blog:  http://southeastmain.wordpress.com/



"Just Because"  June O. Underwood  2005  5"W x 4"L
Painted on silk, machine quilted.
 
June signed on the front with her initials. 
 
She also signed on the back.  I added the "Just Because" title, the date and June's last name.   Those who know June might be surprised at the fabric on the back.  We have grown accustomed to her hand dyed  and hand painted fabrics.  But, hey, she is a quilter so she has a fabric library like all the rest of us.  Although lately she has turned to oil painting and has traveled east to do some plein air - hope she is home in Portland soon.  I miss her online.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

deb_of_pixeladies said...

What a wonderful thought and execution to someone who dishes out a lot of "just becauses!"

Anonymous said...

Hey Del, I finally got onto your blog after you sent me the email. I need congratulations for patience, but here I am. Thanks for showing "Just Because". I had forgotten I did this, so it's a doubly pleasing surprise.

I shocked myself by painting a Rose Of Sharon on this trip. But that one was very much a definitive "because." Not so much fun as this one. Thanks again, June