Wednesday, December 12, 2012

License plates - again. 12-11-12

I am addicted to reading license plates.  When I was not the driver on any trip I made lists of plates from other states, just to see how many different states I could see.  I think people from every state and country drive in SCalifornia, so anything within the LA Basin were "off limits".  I do notice them however - in the small parking lot at VAM on Sunday there were three from Alaska (perhaps they were meeting hometown friends for lunch!), one from Illinois and one from Ohio.  Probably snowbirds.
   
Pennsylvania was the first state to issue personalized/vanity plates way back in 1931, but they did not become popular across the country for another thirty years. As the economy flourished more people had the money to display their vanity. In the last few years as the economy tanked there have been fewer of these plates sold. There is lots of info online about the plates, just Google Vanity License Plates or Personalized License Plates.


I wouldn't have been able to figure this one out with out the additional "hints".
 
 
Who knew?   Notice that the frame is for the San Diego Chargers football team.  Could one really scan this using a cell phone?
 
 
Sometimes at quilt shows or meetings someone will seek me out because they see my car in the parking lot.  I took this picture in Oceanside last week because of my lousy parking.  For some reason I sometimes have trouble parking the Lexus - another black mark on its record.   Can't be anything wrong with me!
 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Dolores said...

There is nothing wrong with you, missy!!! And you better believe it!!! XX