Saturday, February 9, 2013

A quilt from the past 02-08-13

I was looking through some pictures from 2006, early in my digital camera experience, and came across this one I photographed that year, along with a few others.   This little quilt was made in 2002.

 
Seeing it reminded me of how long it has been since I have quilted anything larger than a postcard!  Two years, I think.  I need to find my creativity again.

 
"All Thumbs"  Del Thomas 2002  14" x 14"
 Cotton scraps, fabric markers, beads, cotton batting.
Machine pieced and quilted, FMQ.
The FMQ is my "floppy flower" design using dark red thread.

I made another version  with autumn colors that I donated as a Monthly Mini to a guild I belonged to.
 
I felt like I was all thumbs when I was trying to learn to free motion quilt.  But the "secret" I learned is that I have to keep in practice (which I haven't) in order to do any kind of a decent job.  I wonder if I am going to have to learn all over again....  when the creativity returns.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Quiltedtime said...

Adorable! Love the bracelet on the wrist. And you are so right---you have to stay in practice.

Dolores said...

This quilt is so cute!! Rayna will get your creative juices going again!!!

Gerrie said...

I love your sense of humor. You need to unleash some more of this creativity.

Loretta said...

I do hope you'll start just a 12" x 12" perhaps for St. Paddy's day. xo