Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Road Trip - class work at Pacific NW Art School - 04-23-13

The truth is - I am too tired to post much tonight.  Here are pictures of some of the three-layer, articulated fans we have made.  The ladies didn't want to put their names on them, so I am showing them as "anonymous".  Not something I like to do.  I will admit that mine is the one with the yellow tassel.

These are all made from scrap paper, old postcards, magazine pictures and such.  Joan's critique so far is that we haven't used enough contrast - too much the same values in each fan.
 

 
 
 


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Dolores said...

They are all gorgeous and unique - love them!!

Unknown said...

Really interesting! I am getting an idea for another project I need to undertake...this would be an excellent method to use! Thanks for giving me the jumpstart!

Rayna said...

Very cool - looking forward to the next incarnation. These delicate beauties look more like penny fans than nickel fans. What's the difference? With a nickel fan you hold your head still and wave the fan. You can figure out what happens with a penny fan. LOL.
xoxo