Saturday, April 27, 2013

Road Trip - The "Best" Ice Cream 04-27-13

Dan, owner of Garden Isle Cottages, told me about this place that has "the best ice cream in the world".  Snow Goose Produce is sort of on the way to Mt. Vernon, my destination for today, and I found it without much trouble.  Even though this produce stand seems to be out in the middle of nowhere parking was the problem.  Before I was even close I saw the vehicles parked along the roadway and in the small two row parking area.  I slipped into the first spot next to the building, but not without eliciting some honking from the gal behind me.  I don't know if she was angry because I nabbed the parking spot or because I wasn't getting out of her way fast enough.  Somehow I didn't feel quite as threatened as I do in SCalifornia when this sort of thing happens, somehow I didn't think she would pull a gun on me.  I might be wrong. 


This is what was on offer about noon today, I ordered Pecan Praline.
 

But first I had to stand in line for about ten minutes as the rain came drifting down.  There were about 18 people in front of me. 
 

There were half a dozen young gals and guys serving up the ice cream.  As you see above the pay here line is rather a distance beyond the order here line.  The ice cream counter is a cash only operation.
 

I couldn't take a picture of my own ice cream cone (I'd need three hands) so I tried to catch someone with a cone in hand.  But the hands moved, so the image is not clear.
 

This photo may be slightly better.  The pile of ice cream is larger than this fellow's hand.  The little boy is doubtful - either because I took his picture or he is afraid I will take the ice cream.  Back in my car I dug out a paper bowl and a plastic spoon and dumped my cone upside down, so I could eat it as I drove along.   It isn't the best ice cream in my world, but it is pretty good.  The waffle cones are made fresh and ARE the best in the world!

The tulips are gone for this year.  I only saw them in private yards and for sale in pots here at the Snow Goose.  The rain continued, but it is a Pacific Northwest rain - the kind that wanders around in the air looking for some place to land.  Drizzle, drizzle, drizzle.  But I have had a week of fabulous sunshine and blue skies, so I will not complain about a little drizzle. 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Carol said...

Del, Don't you just love those "local" experiences while you're on the road. Hope you have more!