Thursday, September 26, 2013

MORE fabric for my Fabric Library 09-26-13

On my quick trip up to San Juan Bautista to see Mary and Joe, I stopped at The Creation Station Quilt Shop in Buellton, off of Hwy 101.  They are now also open on Tuesdays, in case you are driving that way.  It is a fascinating shop with all kinds of gifts and gadgets, don't miss the bathroom.  Not a lot of fabric on the bolt because their primary business is vending at quilt shows, so they precut their fabric before going to the shows. 

 
The green fat quarter that is second from the right came from there. The rest of the fabrics came from my most favorite quilt shop - Back Porch Fabrics in Pacific Grove.  I find it hard to control myself when I am there.  Sooo many gorgeous fabrics.  On the far left is a shrimp fabric for a friend who likes wilder fabric.  The two greens are just additions to my green boxes.  The center fabric was on the sales table, so, of course, I bought the rest of the bolt.  The red/white on black reminds me so much of one of my favorite teachers, Sylvia Einstein of Massachusetts.  I understand she is not making quilts these days -sad. And the fat cats on the right end are just too wonderful to leave in the shop.  I could make another JACK quilt using this as the background, eh? 
 

This panel from P&B is from the line "Always Blooming" designed by Susy Pilgrim Waters.  I know I will never cut it up.  It will probably become the exotic backing on some serene quilt front.  Right now it is hanging on my family room wall so I can admire it for a few weeks - or months.
 

Here is the little house in the bottom right corner.  I won't even have to add a bird if I use this in a quilt.  Two uncaged birds visiting a caged bird.  But maybe the caged bird was injured and is just confined until she can fly again.  I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Terri Stegmiller said...

I love the fat cat fabric!!! And the fabric by Susy Pilgrim Waters is so fabulous! I wouldn't want to cut that either.

Dolores said...

Back Porch Fabrics is also my favorite shop of all time!!! Love the panel :)

WesternWilson said...

Del, that is one fabulous set of fabrics...what is the cat fabric?