Wednesday, September 25, 2013

More Road Trip - 09-24-13

I guess I have my days backward.  These pictures are from the trip up to San Luis Obispo on Friday.  And I already posted images from the trip home.  Sorry.

 
I've noticed many more cars carrying advertising, such as this one that I didn't get the side view so I would know what the ad is.  I wonder if it is economic or just a fad.  As I look at the photo I notice something I didn't notice at the time.  Look at the "Curve 35mph" signs - three of them.  Are they making a point?  Guess they are needed, because I didn't see them when I pointed my camera.
 

This one is new to me.  It is different than the Merge signs I have seen in the past.
 

WOW!  Pretty fancy shoulders on this highway.  The only other place I have noticed this type of work is in Albuquerque, NM. 
 

I was on the road earlier than I usually am.  The mist over the ocean was somewhat heavy, but I could still see the numerous oil platforms off the coast.
 

Still celebrating my birthday with my fancy birthday dice hanging on the rearview mirror.  This barn is still functioning, though it is a little battered.  Maybe my dice could be one of those traveling items that are shown in various places in the world - like the stolen gnomes. 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: