Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Good Food at Fitness Grill 10-08-13

When I heard the news of Lisa Quintana's failing health I was so down I needed to be with people.  Like so many bloggers I felt that Lisa was a very special lady and a cherished friend.   The only thing I could think to do was find someone to go to lunch with me.  I would be out of the house, not alone, and unable to let my mind dwell on the loss of a friend.  I called my friend Carol to find out that she and Teresa had a lunch date set up.  Carol invited me along and I was out the door.  We ended up talking for several hours and the wait staff kept telling us not to worry, we weren't in their way.  The conversation and the company of two of my "bookie" friends helped me deal with my sadness.
Fitness Grill in Yorba Linda has been in business for years and I have eaten there, but it is off my usual routes and I don't think of it as a possibility.  I will in the future.  The food was fresh and imaginative and the service friendly and timely. 

Teresa enjoyed: Fitness Rolls - Blackened all natural chicken breast, caramelized onions, avocado, and ginger rolled in wheat tortillas and flash baked.
:

Carol ordered:  Spinach Chicken Wrap -  Blackened chicken, spinach-artichoke mix, low-fat mozzarella cheese and fresh spinach baked and wrapped in a spinach tortilla.  Served with a side of cucumber and ginger.
 

I had: Kinki Ahi Rolls - Seared Ahi, caramelized onions, avocado, red cabbage, lettuce, cilantro and ginger rolled in wheat tortillas and flash baked.


My  wrap came with a soy, ginger, oil, sesame seed dip.  But Teresa's plate came with a creamy dip that the waiter said contained ground macadamia nuts.  It was fantastic.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Quiltedtime said...

Good friends. Good food. I am glad they were there at the time of your loss.