Saturday, November 9, 2013

Dinner at Green2Go 11-08-13


I had to have my hair cut before the reception tomorrow night at Visions Art Museum in San Diego.  It is the opening for "Recent Acquisitions From the Thomas Contemporary Quilt Collection" and pictures will be taken.  In keeping with the theory that one should dress so as not to compete with their work (or their collection) I will wear black.  I've considered spiking my hair (it is the perfect length), but I'm afraid if I don't wear a hat, nobody will know who I am!  If you are within reach of San Diego, stop by and say Hello!  The reception is from 5 to 7pm.    


I combined my haircut with dinner out.  Right around the corner from Supercuts is Green2Go a restaurant that serves tasty, healthy food.  It was packed this evening at dinner time, but I had a magazine with me and was okay waiting.  When the waitress brought my plate I almost questioned her because it didn't look like I expected.  But, hey, she was rushed and it looked delicious and I dug in.  Then a different waitress came and stood there with a plate in her hand and a concerned look on her face.  It turned out they had given me the wrong plate - I had the Poke Tuna Rice Bowl, not the Salmon Rice Bowl.   Too late to give it back, so she boxed up the Salmon offering and I paid for it when I left.  It  will be okay until Sunday dinner.  I guess that is why restaurants have pictures of the food they serve.

My friend Mary says I shouldn't show pictures of dirty plates (as I did with the green tea ice cream the other day), so I'll just show you a few inches of dirty plate.  There were these little orange flowers among the greens on my plate.  I don't recognize them and the staff was much too busy for me to ask.  Anyone know?  I tasted this one, but it just tasted like salad.
  

The "atmosphere" was a little psychedelic and next time I think I will chose a seat that faces away from the windows.  The place is brightly lit and since it is at the end of a strip mall sort of arrangement there are cars turning and many parking lot lights (the array of little round spots).  But the discombobulating thing was the presence of the TV screen over the bar which was reflected three times in the angled windows.  It was tuned to a surfing program -
I think they were in Ireland or maybe Wales - so it appeared that the guys were surfing through the parking lots.  It was almost mesmerizing, maybe that is why I wasn't paying enough attention to what was on my plate.  However, I ate every bite and loved it.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Susan Turney said...

A fun post that made me smile...perfect way to start my day! Del, I'll bet everyone would still recognize you with spiked hair....next time! Have a wonderful time at the exhibit.

Quiltedtime said...

Hmmmmmm....and I just thought I wore black because--hopefully--it will make me look skinnier!

Loretta said...

To you and your collection and to Visions...a wonderful evening and a very successful show.