Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Monday Browsing + Portal 12-30-13

Where are you from?   http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2013/12/20/sunday-review/dialect-quiz-map.html?smid=fb-share&_r=0     [My map showed  Sacramento, Stockton and Salt Lake City, places I have never lived.  At least it showed I am a Westerner. Del]
Ads worth a second look…  or a third… or many: https://youtube.googleapis.com/v/mgCIKGIYJ1A?hl=en&fs=1&autoplay=1
I’ve checked up on Viewpoints9 – they have done some interesting work in the last few months.
 


Aliaga home in Lima, Peru  Photo by Nancy Ota November 2013 
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Quiltedtime said...

The language quiz is really fun. I was nailed as a Californian, which is interesting because I am not a native and have also lived in Asia. I guess I have lived in California so long that I am definitely blending into the woodwork.

Dolores said...

Fascinating!!!

Beverly said...

That was fun- and I'm definitely a Californian, even if I haven't lived there in 20 years!

Rebecca said...

The "safety in numbers" ad is very cute! I saved that page to look at more.
I took the language quiz twice, because the page had to be "recovered." The first time I said "y'all" and it gave me a tight Bay area cluster; the second time I said "you" as when I was raised, and got Seattle, Spokane, and SLC. (Grew up in Seattle, but my influence by southerners moved me down to California!) Fun.