Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Bubbles 01-01-13

Guess I was too tired when I posted early this morning, somehow I thought it was Wednesday!  Today I had breakfast with my Book Group (a tradition of about eight years) and then went to San Clemente to the Ota's Open House with piles of food - Japanese and American.  It was delicious and lovely. When I arrived Nancy was out in the cul-de-sac helping her g'kids make huge bubbles using a home made contraption composed of two dowels, some heavy string and a metal washer.  I wish I had taken a picture of it.


Aren't these wonderful?  There was just the right amount of breeze to elongate the growing bubble and move it uphill before it made contact with something and disappeared. 

Here is a REALLY BIG one forming before breaking free and setting off on its journey. 


There is a long skinny bubble here that shows just below the car. But the real reason I include this picture is because of the shadows - Nancy's shadow in the middle holding the bubble maker and my shadow in the lower right (with my camera shadow sticking out like a weird nose).  The pan holds the Dawn detergent/glycerin mix for the bubbles.  Google "Giant Bubbles" for information to make your own! 
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Dolores said...

What fun!!

Sherrie Spangler said...

People are wearing short sleeves and it's sunny!!!