Thursday, January 23, 2014

Morning in San Diego 01-23-14

I did sleep at the motel in San Diego - actually, five hours straight.  Unheard of!  But when I had to get up at 3am or so, I couldn't get back to sleep, so computed for about half an hour and then tried the bed again - it was very comfortable, but one of those thick mattresses and they should have supplied a stool so I could get into bed easily.  Considering it is very close to the airport it was very quiet except around 6:30am when some early riser let his door slam.  However, I went back to sleep for another hour or more for a total night's sleep of about eight hours.  I'm one of those who believe I can catch up on my sleep, so I am working at that this week.  The eight hours was a good start.  Tomorrow I am up early and off to Road to California quilt show in Ontario, CA.  If you see me there, please say Hello.
 
It was gorgeous at 9am or so, just a comfortable temperature to step out the patio door and look around.  There was a phoebe catching bugs around the lawn and sitting on the flag poles for the mini golf layout.  They never seem very frightened of me.
 
Looking up into the royal palms on the perimeter of the grounds.

3 comments:

Quiltedtime said...

Glad you got some sleep. Have a wonderful day.

Dolores said...

Enjoy the show, Del!! I'm off to Quilting in the Desert!!

Sherrie Spangler said...

It looks like a gorgeous day! Have fun.