Monday, March 17, 2014

Have you missed me? 03-17-14

I apologize for my silence. Last Tuesday my computer completely collapsed and Wednesday morning I left for Empty Spools Seminars in Asilomar/Pacific Grove. No time to work at getting the laptop going again. So, I brought it with me and it is in the computer hospital in Pacific Grove; I hope to hear something today. I don't want to buy a new laptop right now, but I may have to.

Meanwhile, Empty Spools is great, as always. The weather is a perfect mid-60's with periodic passing fog. The sun is shining on this St. Patrick's Day and most of the students are wearing green - it is an attack of leprecans (spelling?) My presentation on Friday evening went very well and all seem to be enjoying seeing the quilts from TCQC. Liz is here with me to help and last evening we changed the 12X12 quilts with birds to just a general display of 12X12 quilts. Gives everyone something new to look at. Today from 4 to 6 there will be a reception at Back Porch Fabrics where twenty quilts that I have made are on display until May. If you can't make the reception I hope you will have a chance to visit the shop and see what I have been sewing.

Since I am not taking a class I brought several UFOs to work on and it is time for me to get busy. If I can I will write again on this public computer and let you know how the laptop is doing. No pictures until I have it back in working condition.

8 comments:

Terry Grant said...

Yes, I HAVE missed you! Sorry about your sick computer, but I was glad it was laptop and not you who was poorly.

Susan Turney said...

And I thought you were learning how to blog on your IPad! I hope you can find a friend with one who can spend a couple of hours with you so you're up and running again. There's a little "kit" that has a USB type cord so you can just hook up your camera and all the photos transfer to the IPad ..so easy.
It's good to see a post! Have fun.

Loretta said...

"Quilt Camp" must be superb - our weather has been exceptionally perfect! I very pleased you had a wonderful week. I will get to Back Porch to see your quilt exhibit. Thank you for checking in, I/We did miss you.

Anonymous said...

Yes I miss you when you don't post. You always make me smile with your adventures and wonderful images to share.
Sally (VAM volunteer)

Carol said...

Hi Del,
So nice to see this post! Oh, how I wish Dick and I could magically appear at your reception! He is doing well, though, and graduated from walker to cane. Miss you!

Quiltedtime said...

You certainly are busy. Too bad that cranky computer can't keep up with you. I will enjoy seeing your pictures as soon as everything is sorted out.

Dolores said...

I didn't miss you because I was with you at Empty Spools!! Lucky me!!! But so happy your blogging again.

Nancy said...

Yes, in fact, I did miss you! Glad to hear it's your computer that's sick and not you. Provides a much easier fix, even if not inexpensive.