Thursday, March 27, 2014

Dining out in Pacific Grove, CA 03-26-14

The food at Asilomar is provided by a vendor which changes from year to year. Right now the food is very good - breakfast, lunch and dinner are interesting and tasty. I only tried the vegetarian offering once and it was good. Not tofu mashed up to resemble - what? I especially enjoyed the wonderful seafood salad for lunch one day - shrimp, scallops, whitefish, and those yummy little squid. Excellent. Usually I go out to the local restaurants a couple times, but this trip Liz and I only went once - to the Red House, my favorite Pacific Grove eatery.
Liz ordered the seafood penne pasta - mussels, scallops, shrimp, salmon.   We always taste each other's selections - there is a piece on my salmon on the rim of her plate/bowl.
We both needed to wear our napkins as bibs since we were going directly to the evening program and didn't want appear "spotted".
My selection was the perfectly cooked salmon with pasta in a sauce, broccoli, cauliflower and a spoonful of tomato/onion "relish" on the top of the salmon.  It was a delicious meal - as have been every meal I have eaten at The Red House  (closed on Mondays).





1 comment:

Karen Stiehl Osborn said...

Yes, dining at the Red House is one of our favorites, too, when we are in the Monterey/Asilomar, Pacific Grove area. Thank you for the original suggestion to eat there!