Sunday, March 30, 2014

Weary of problems with laptop. 03-30-14

Well, I guess Blogger has found out how I was doing pictures and they have plugged that hole. No pictures tonight again. I have spent the entire day on the computer trying to make things happen and I have not had any luck. The Surfside QGuild newsletter is complete, but my laptop won't let me send it out! I'll go somewhere tomorrow and try someone else's computer. You may not be hearing from me for a week or so. Takes time to set up a new computer.

I did indeed feel the earthquake. I had just opened the door into the garage to put some trash out when the 5.1 quake hit. My brain asked me why my garage was shaking, but it soon realized that the entire house was shaking. I just held onto the door frame and waited for it to stop. I've felt a half dozen aftershocks, they just make one feel a little queasy (spell check not working!). Rest assured this was not the BIG ONE, nor is it a predictor of the BIG ONE. Just an everyday sort of shaker. Nothing as scary as a tornado. Love, Del-at-home

6 comments:

Susan Turney said...

Ha! Great way to put it in perspective! Since I've never felt an earthquake, I kind of freak out when I hear about one but when I asked my friend in Orange about it he said a plastic frame was on the floor when he got home and that was it. I think the media likes to get us going!

Rebecca said...

That's funny--I have Minnesota friends who won't set foot in Calif. because of earthquakes, as they look at their tornado-twisted barn and replacement machine shed.

I'm away, but my husband in Escondido says nobody there felt the quake; they're only talking about the booms from Camp Pendleton.

Dolores said...

Yeah, a 5.1 is not very big but then it's big enough!!

I hope you get your new computer and it goes quickly in set-up as we will all miss you!!

abelian said...

Now that's good planning - to already be in a doorway when the earthquake hit! We were far away, in the mountains, so we missed it.

Dottie

Loretta said...

Take care.

Mary Ann said...

We usually get tornado warnings and know what to do. Nothing like that for an earthquake. I've felt a couple of very minor earthquakes because we have activity in Northern Ohio under the lake. It is very disconcerting. Hope your computer gets well. That's why I love my Mac, I had problems and took it to an Apple store and an hour and half later walked out with a new hard drive installed, no charge.