Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Inspiration 01-13-15

Oh, dear, I've been writing the wrong date all day.  How the days get away from me - nowadays.

Over the years I have thought often about doing a quilt with stairs and am always taking pictures of stairs.  I've even drawn half a dozen designs, but never quite end up with what I am looking for. 
Here are some stairs from Carol's house in San Diego.  I love the drifts of bougainvillea bracts on each step.  These stairs might be what I have been seeking. Maybe I will be inspired and have the time this coming year.  A goal, perhaps. 

Other than the drifts, I like the twisted trunks at the right and the rounded river stones on the left.  Although you cannot see them there is a string of tiny lights on a wire that go up the banister - apparently they are on all the time so one can find their way up and down - clever. 
  #   #   #

1 comment:

Loretta said...

Stairs would be a fun, fun project! Perhaps instead of drawing, use pieces of fabric, various colors and shapes, for your medium and just lay out the pieces on your design wall and PLAY!! I love knowing you're thinking quilting!!