Saturday, June 20, 2015

Quilters' Run 06-20-15

Today I took a break from my rearranging (not that I have accomplished much with that project) and visited four of the 26 shops on the SCalifornia Quilters' Run.   That  seems like a lot of shops for one area, but they are located from Lancaster to San Diego and up the coast almost to Ventura.  Most are scattered through the greater Los Angeles area.  But the four I visited with my friend Liz were all fairly local.   It always helps to be looking for a particular item or fabric.  Liz was looking for Thread Heaven (I think that is the correct name) a product that slicks up one's thread when hand quilting - we found it at the last shop we visited.  I was looking for a better grey for a project I am working on and I bought several half yards.  Now I have about 2 1/2 yards of different grey fabric when I only need one 1/2 yard.  How does that happen? 
On the left are four of my greys, I'll probably use the one on the right.  In the center are the four fat quarters that were gifts from each shop.  On the right are three violet fabrics - just because they are beautiful. 
 
It was unfortunately quite hot today, the last day of Spring.  Everywhere we went it ran about 91F.  All the shops were giving out small bottles of water, some on ice even! 
 
It was fun, but enough and I am tired tonight.
#   #   #
 
 

1 comment:

Dolores said...

Love you choices :)