Sunday, June 21, 2015

The Fiberlandia quilt by Laura Jaszkowski

This design by Laura Jaszkowski was used for the twelve little 3" square badges worn by volunteers who could answer questions about the conference or about Portland.  I represents Mt Hood, which I could see from my hotel room (and from our front porch when I was growing up in southeast Portland).  I have always been liked it best of all the Western mountains..  sort of "MY" mountain.  So, of course, I had to have this little quilt. 
 
"Fiberlandia"  Laura Jaszkowski - Eugene, OR   6" x 8"
Commercial cottons, snow hand dye by Mickey Lawler, cotton thread and batting. 
Fused raw edge applique, machine stitched and quilted.

DETAIL of mountain

No label, but all the quilts had a paper label on the back of the matting giving all the details.
I have also corresponded with each of the artists to gain a little more information about their quilts which I include when I post them on my blog.
Six more weeks of these small auction quilts.
#   #   #

1 comment:

Laura Jaszkowski said...

Thanks for featuring my little auction quilt, Del. I did not know you grew up in Portland. I'm glad the Mt. Hood quilt went home with you!