Thursday, October 29, 2015

Another quilt from 2005 PIQF 10-29-15

These pictures were taken with my former camera which was not as good as my current Canon.  Plus, ten years later I am a better photographer.
 
This quilt stands out in my memory because of the cat in the detail shot.  My first reaction was a cat swimming, but I don't think the quiltmaker had that intent.  I am intrigued by the many different cat images she has combined with other creatures and the idea that she had her own personal reason for this combination.  Obviously she controlled the color and the theme of cats, but who but she could have combined them in just this way.  A memorable work of art. 
 


#   #   #

1 comment:

Loretta said...

When seeing a quilt this intriguing, I wonder about the artist and her/his thoughts prior to and during its making! A fascinating person!? Quilting is an outlet for a quilter's inner thoughts, loves, and fantasy! Plus, the tactile feature .... fabric fondling!!!! ;-)