Wednesday, October 28, 2015

On the mend 10-28-15

After nine days I'm sure you are all sick of hearing me talk about how sick I am.  Finally, today, I think I am getting better.  Thanks to codeine cough syrup, Prednisone, Albuterol inhaler, Tylenol, Levofloxacin, and KoKo loving.  The Albuterol plays havoc with my nerves and I have a hard time typing due to the shakes.  But I am coughing less and KoKo and I did a tiny walk down the street today.  We go out in the backyard about six times a day so he doesn't have to have a leash, I think he likes that, but walking down the sidewalk with all the new and interesting smells and sights was a treat for him.   I hope I can cut down on the Albuterol so that I can sew a bit, maybe not tomorrow, but soon.  Hurrah. 
 
I missed PIQF again this year - decided to be sick instead - but I looked back at my pictures from previous Fests and found a few quilts I liked then and remember now.   Not only the playful images in this quilt, but the playful stitching.  This type of stitching is in the style of Kantha work done in Bengal.   Olga Norris, an English quiltmaker does a more refined rendition of this work and there are several of her quilts in TCQC.  Check for her name in the right sidebar.


 
 
 
 
This type of stitching is in the style of Kantha work done in Bengal


 
 
#   #   # 

4 comments:

Carol said...

So glad to hear you are feeling better!

Dolores said...

Keep going in the direction of good health!!!

Loretta said...

Yippee! You're feeling better...that's terrific news....keep going for another day or so and you'll be well enough to sew! A must in our lives! At PIQF this year, I personed the SAQA table and met some wonderful SAQA members. Yesterday I picked up my exhibit quilt and again was reminded how special SAQA quilters are, yes, all quilters are. While at Broadway Quilts, Sonoma, I purchased fabric for a bed quilt, which I haven't made for a good number of years! We'll see how this progresses! Feel better!

Beverly said...

So glad to hear you are feeling better! I hope you are well enough to get back to your sewing machine very soon!