Thursday, August 4, 2016

Donating a quilt 08-04-16


"Lunch in the Garden, Again"  Del Thomas - Placentia, CA  26"W x 30L
 
I've always been especially fond of this quilt which I made way back in 2004.  It was a time of watercolor quilts, so the background and the flowers are all done in that style. The birds and cats and bird bath are all fused applique with a machine stitched edge.  100% commercial printed cottons.  Machine quilted.
 
I think I have enjoyed it long enough and it has been in half a dozen exhibits in various states.  So, now I am going to donate it as the September Monthly Mini at the Surfside Quilters Guild.   I wonder if there are those who will reject an "old" quilt - I hope not. There comes a time when we have to let go of some of our "stuff" and most of my stuff are quilts and quilt related things. 
#   #   #  

No comments: