Monday, August 1, 2016

Getting ready for a Road Trip

Tomorrow is KoKo's first trip to a new groomer in Yorba Linda.  I hope it works out okay, the business comes with high praise, with luck, KoKo will fit into the process they offer. 

And Thursday the car goes for oil change and trip check before I drive to Maine starting next week.  Several guys have said something about my tires, so maybe I will need some new ones.  I'm more concerned that the A/C continues to provide cool air!

So far, the hardest thing about having KoKo is the 6am walk.  I'm not a morning person and 6am is the middle of the night for me.  So far he has been dragging me around the neighborhood and then I go back to sleep when we get home.   An adjustment needs to be made! 

I will keep up my blog while traveling, as best I can.  I have allowed plenty of time for the 3000+ miles, but the change in sleep time, driving time, computing time, will take some getting used to.  I never drive after dark in a strange place, so I will usually stop in time to have some online time before I fall into whatever bed I have each night.     While in Maine I hope to have some pictures to post about the workshop with Elizabeth Busch.   I'll keep you posted.
 
#   #   #

4 comments:

Loretta said...

A road trip with a companion....lucky, lucky you. Koko will be a fine fellow driving across the country. Have yourself a wonderful time. Will you be taking a side trip to Colrain? You'll be reasonably close! I look forward to following your adventures.

Suzanne Kistler said...

How fun to have a travel buddy! Enjoy the road, and I look forward to traveling along vicariously with you. :)

Sherrie Spangler said...

Safe travels! Looking forward to your posts from the road.

Mary Ann said...

If you travel through Cleveland Ohio and need a room for the night let me know.