Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Illness still dragging on 12-27-16

I'm hoping this is not going to be another of those years when I am sick all winter.  I feel better, but am still coughing and still no energy.  KoKo and I go for a walk every morning and most afternoon/evenings.  But sometimes the evening  jaunt is too much for me.  I still don't have a good jacket so I am still layering, which works pretty well except when the wind is blowing as it has been this week.  I'm going to check on some online companies, though having to return things that don't fit is on the bottom of my list of favorite things to do.  I don't want to go out into the crowds at the mall or even the big box stores because my resistance to germs might be too low to protect me.  It's miserable to have to consider every breath, isn't it?

We have had warmer weather in the 60s the last week and promises that will continue though it will rain on Thursday. 

Thanks to all who have made comments or sent e-mails.  Being confined at home can get pretty lonely, though I do check on Facebook every day to see what everyone else it doing.   I enjoyed Teresa's annual cookie delivery, she is such a good baker and friend.

#   #   #


3 comments:

sonja said...

I'm with you on shopping for clothes! Do you have any thrift shops nearby? i find occasionally a barely if at all used shirts or pair of shorts that fit at a good price for a good cause. At my age i am not a clothes horse, i just want to be comfortable and spend my money on art supplies!
Perhaps try going back to your Dr? take care and be well soon! give KoKO a pat for me, Sonja

judi said...

Take care of YOU Del. wishing you a healthy 2017!!!

Rayna said...

Clothes?? Right now, the most important thing is for you to get well and to fend off any winter miseries!

Except for t-shirts, I haven't bought any clothes. My comfortable stretch pants are bagging at the knees, they are so old. And the store that carried them no longer does. Since they were a private store brand, nobody else has anything else like them. ARGH. I don't dare buy anything but t-shirts from one Internet provider. I never did understand buying clothes without trying them on and then having to return them.

Please, Del - be well. Let's hope the New Year brings you good health.
xo