Monday, January 9, 2017

Revisiting post from the past 01-09-17

Although I have added several new quilts to the Collection I have yet to photograph any of the quilts.  So, here is a repeat of an earlier post.


12-08-13   How many times have you heard me say I don't buy quilts that need to be boxed separately - that cannot be rolled?  Well, sometimes I do.  I have another piece by Susan Else which resides in a dedicated box when not on the wall.  Sometimes I can't resist something that "speaks" to me.


 


"Cold Day"  2011 Susan Else - Santa Cruz, CA  Displayed in an 8"sq. Lucite box.  
This came from SAQA in the Lucite box - very cleverly held upright by tiny holes in the bottom through which stitches are taken into the lady's posterior.  I will keep her in the box, somehow it seems appropriate.
There are four views here, one into each side of the box. 

Susan is very good at getting realistic body language into her work.   Love the hair.
 



 
 

1 comment:

Loretta said...

She's wonderful...both the artist and sculpture! Next week I hope to learn how she designs her figures, makes the pattern and then her thoughts for designing the quilted fabric which eventually becomes her sculpture. (Also, how she stuffs fingers and toes!) I'm looking forward to my time in the Susan's workshop. Thank you for sharing Cold Day!