Sunday, May 14, 2017

Sue Benner Quilts from TCQC 05-14-17

I am a great Sue Benner fan, but I only have two of her quilts.  The first purchase was in 2001 when I found "Marsh #11" at the Thirteen Moons Galllery in Santa Fe, NM.  I had not met Sue at that time, so I didn't know what a delightful, warm person she is.  But I couldn't leave Santa Fe without her quilt.  
 
"Marsh #11"  Sue Benner  2000  36"W x 18.5"L
Silk and cotton, fused, machine quilted. 
Previously posted at: http://tinyurl.com/mpyvsg4
 
In 2010 the quilt below was part of a fund raiser for the San Jose Museum of Quilts and Textiles.  It doesn't quite fit in with all the 12X12 pieces from SAQA auctions, but it is a wonderfully colorful piece that I hang with other small quilts.   
 
 
"Checks and Bars Jumble"  Sue Benner  2009  11"W x 11"L
Silk, cotton, and other fabrics, fused, machine quilted. 
 
#   #   #

2 comments:

Carol said...

Marsh 11 is a stunner.!

Turtlemoonimpressions said...

I'm a fan of Sue Benner's! "Checks and Bars Jumble" is afbulous example of her work. Thanks for sharing it with us.