Thursday, May 18, 2017

Thursday Threads 05-18-17

I wonder if everyone has a few quilts that are almost disasters or complete disasters.  This is one of mine.  The theme was chocolate and I developed this grand idea of having chocolate bunnies getting a face lift by walking under a chocolate fountain, such as they sometimes have at weddings.  I had recently been to a wedding that featured such a novelty.  I wanted to make the quilt pink because I really dislike pink and thought I could force myself into making something successful with it.  WRONG!
The concept was too complex and too far removed from most people's experience. 
And the fountain is just too weird. 
 
"Facelift"  Del Thomas 2013  Approx 20"W x 15"L
 
On the left of the fountain is a bunny who has been recoated and on the right one who is in the process of having his facelift.  Dumb, huh?

These are two bunnies waiting their turn.

I do like the flowers used as an integrated border.

Of course, a candy backing was appropriate.  

 
There are some successful elements, but taken as a whole, it is a complete failure.
#   #   #

3 comments:

Loretta said...

I love the chocolate hat with the lovely brown ribbon cascading over its brim!

abelian said...

I have several disasters, but they never got finished. One, from an Empty Spools class, went out with my trash last week. I'd kept it for years, trying to like it, and finally gave up. Dottie

Rebecca said...

It's the bunny fountain of youth!