Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Ship, Ahoy! 05-01-18

Saturday I drove up to Pacific Grove to retrieve the bird quilts from Back Porch Fabric.  While we were taking them down on Monday two different people came for their second visit.  Too late.  We told them they could see them on my blog.  The quilts came down very quickly, much faster than putting them up, of course.  We packaged them in their sheet covers and I drove home today.  Surprisingly there was rain in the mountains, starting at Lebec and going all the way to Magic Mountain - where I also had road construction.  Can't avoid that no matter where you are driving.  

The weather was pleasant up there, but it was only in the high 50s, even in the daytime. One great sight was this cruise ship in Monterey Bay not far from the Aquarium.  I have seen cruise ships in there twice before, but it is always a shock because they are so much larger than anything else on the water. 
I am standing right at the beginning of the pier - on the land end, of course.  

Here is the ship taken with the telephoto lens.  I cannot identify the cruise line, but someone told me it is a Carnival Cruise ship. 

And turning just a bit to my right shows the flatness of everything around, which makes the ship look gigantic. 

#   #   #

1 comment:

Loretta said...

Ahoy matey! No cruises for me anymore....many, many too many folks in one place!!!