Monday, June 11, 2018

Two nights in San Luis Obispo 06-11-18

Liz and I drove up yesterday to do a program tonight about the Thomas Contemporary Quilt Collection for the San Luis Obispo Quilters.  There seemed to be about 60 members in attendance.  They are preparing for their quilt show June 23-24 at the Madonna Conference Center at the Madonna Inn.  This is a show presented by six area quilt guilds and will show about 300 quilts.  And all the usual quilt show features.   It is a show I have always wanted to attend, but the timing is never right and I can't drive up here again in a few weeks.  Bummer. 

The program went well and they especially enjoyed Ruth McDowell's "A Rash of Flamingoes"  and Mary Lou Weidman's "Asilomar"  quilts.  They were hanging on quilt racks so the ladies were able to take a really good look at them.  
" Rash of Flamingoes"  Ruth B. McDowell  2000  100"W X 52" L

"Asilomar"  Mary Lou Weidman  2013  77"W X 88"L
(This is the only picture I can find in my Picasa files, it was taken in 2015 when Mary Lou did a workshop for Surfside Quilters Guild.)
On the road home tomorrow, hopefully no more than a four hour drive.  I'll drop Liz off at her house and go on down the I-5 to San Clemente to pick up Koko.  That will make it another two hours minimum on the road.  Good thing I enjoy driving, eh?
#   #   #

No comments: