Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Delivered a pile of items for sale.

I drove to San Diego today to deliver a car load of items for the Visions Veranda Sale which will take place on Saturday (only).  I stopped to drop KoKo off with Nancy Ota and to pick up fabrics she had gathered from an estate of someone she knows.  Good thing KoKo stayed there, because the car was packed to the gills!  I wish I had been able to get through all of Toni's things, but will continue to sort and donate to other fund raising events.  The traffic was bad, but not horrible, and the ocean was covered with fog most of the way.   And, of course, it was hot in San Diego, but not 99F as it was in Placentia.   I had sushi for lunch at Ikiru in Liberty Stations, shared with friend Beth Smith.  We had a nice visit, short but satisfying.  And then the trek home, stopping to pick up KoKo from Nancy and Bud, then off the I-5 to pick up a poke bowl from my favorite poke place, H2O on Jamboree, and finally to fill the gas tank.  Home again to feed KoKo his dinner at 5pm and then we both took a nap.  We were completely out, with both ceiling fan and A/C running.  What a long hard day.  Fortunately there was a nice guy with a dolly at the museum to haul the bags and boxes from the car.   Once home I pulled three more boxes into the house, but am too tired to work on them tonight.  Tomorrow.   I will need to find a larger basket for the thread raffle basket I am putting together for the Surfside QGuild November Fest.  This basket is almost full and I have a lot more boxes to sort through.   It is a pretty ratty basket, anyway! 



#   #   #

No comments: