Thursday, October 18, 2018

Quilts at PIQF - Part 3 10-18-18

Still trying to get through all the pictures.  I am very much enjoying seeing the quilts again.  Which is part of the reason for taking pictures in the first place!   But also to learn about new techniques and to meet new quilt makers.  I post the first pictures before midnight so they come up on the blog with the correct date.  Sometimes I don't make it because I cut the time too short.  Oh, well!    I have another 25 left to post, but maybe not tonight. 



It does look like harvested fields in the autumn.


This reminds me of the ArtStream group and their Urban Elements quilts.  
I do wonder if the round thing on the left is supposed to be a tree growing on a sky scraper. 




Yes, I know.  There is no picture of the whole quilt!  How could I do that?  I try to take the pictures in order so I don't forget one - title, full quilt, details.  But somehow I messed up on this one and one other at this show.  If anyone has a picture of the full quilt I would love it if you sent it to me!





Many people taking pictures of this one.  What fabulous color mix.  This one I would purchase for the TCQC.  



It is a traditional quilt and I think it is gorgeous.  I made a lot of traditional quilts in the years before 1980 or so when I discovered original design.  But I still love the very fine traditional quilts, especially if they are red and white...  or blue and white!   And how great that she machine quilted it with traditional quilting designs.  




This one is fabulous, but it takes some looking time to see all the portraits included.  I suppose an Aussie could identify them all. 


 This one is the only one I photographed from Mid-Cetury Mod.

It seems to me there is something missing from this quilt.  No right side or bottom border.  But also part of the Hollywood sign is missing and is one block just a palm tree?  Anyway, I think it is an interesting presentation of what is Southern California. 


 Three quilts from the Mountain Art Quilters of Nevada County, CA.










The following three quilts are from an exhibit named
"Protecting the Environment that Sustains Us"  by the Pointless Sisters Art Quilt Group

A very realistic owl, even with the odd colors.  

Great fabric selection. 








This one is for my bunny loving friend, she'll know who she is!
The square tails bother me, I think I would have had to applique round ones.


More tomorrow night!
#   #   #

1 comment:

Linda Morand said...

Thank you for including pictures from our exhibit, Protesting the Environment that Sustains Us by the Pointless Sisters. We are a group of 50 quilt artists who see our purpose as activism through our fiber art. We have been around for over 15 years. We are in the process of developing a web site. Stay tuned. As 2020 marks the 100th anniversary of voting for women, we may expand our quilt challenges to women's issues and history. Thanks again, Del.
Linda Morand for the Pointless Sisters Art Quilt Group of Sonoma County.0