Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Red flowers today 04-23-19

I'm trying to get ready to go the Empty Spools for a class with Sue Benner, but I keep getting sidetracked.  There is always so much to do and I always leave too much to the last minute.  Today KoKo went to the groomer and looks so handsome.  He does hate going, but I think they treat him okay, he just wants to be at home.  He will be staying with Cherie who lives here in Placentia and has taken care of him previously.  

No matter what, we have to go for our walks.  And what we see is trees, poles, bushes, and flowers.  While he is paying attention to those other things, I take pictures of flowers. 


I love this single geranium and used to grow it in Fullerton.  Have never tried it here at this house, but maybe I will.  It is so SCARLET! 

I have always known this as firecracker bush, but it has many common names:
red firecracker fern, fountain bush, coral fountain plant, firecracker bush, hummingbird plant.  One of my neighbors has several in the front yard and they are solid with blooms. 
That is an agave in front. 

Hummingbirds are fond of these narrow tubular flowers. 

In this yard the mulch is black dyed bark which really sets off this plant. 

#   #   #




No comments: