Sunday, August 11, 2019

Quilts that are traveling 08-11-19

One thing I hadn't thought of all those years ago when I started TCQC was how satisfying it is to share the quilts with others.  I do trunk shows for quilt guilds and other groups, install exhibits at various galleries and quilt shops, and loan quilts to travel in exhibits organized by different entities.  Currently there are two major quilts traveling.  

"Not Even Solomon"  Ruth de Vos - Australia 2009  71"W X 58"L
A machine pieced quilt using cotton fabrics, thread, batting.  Machine quilted. 
This quilt will travel for three years with a SAQA International exhibit. 

"Douglas Fir Cone"  Terry Grant - Beaverton, OR  2010  27.5"W X 34"L
Fused using cotton fabrics. Stamping and fiber pen work. Machine quilted. 
Terry's work is part of a special exhibit at Houston in October. 
 
The two person exhibit is titled "Rising Stars" and also features work by Maria Shell.  I don't think of Terry as a rising star but an established quilt maker who has been making and selling quilts for at least 30 years.  Many years ago  she owned a quilt shop in Ashland, OR, so her quilting experience is long and productive.   I am please, however, that she has this opportunity and that she asked to include one of her quilts that is part of TCQC.  .

I will miss these quilts and worry about them while they are traveling, but I am so glad that so many people will be able to enjoy them.  

#   #   # 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Firstly, a 'Happy Birthday', early I know, but enjoyed your cake! Then, I would like to tell you how much I love seeing all your photos, either travel trips, flora and fauna, Koko or all the quilt images that brought me to your blog a while ago. I am a bit older than you and , due to eye problems , no longer drive myself, so you bring me a new show each week! Thank you. Best wishes from the U.K.
Anne