Friday, August 9, 2019

Another birthday? 08-09-19

It is a little early, my birthday isn't until September 1st.  Today my small art quilt group met and as is our tradition for each member to supply their own cake, I took a small chocolate cake with candles.  Hard to believe those numbers, but they are correct.  How did I get so old?  Guess that deserves a celebration, so I will celebrate until the end of September.  Party anyone?

The cake, by the way, was only about 7" square and came from Ralph's market bakery.  We have had this cake before and it is just delicious - rich, moist, and gooey!

Having nice people in one's life is a big boost.  Before KoKo and I went on our Road Trip I came home one day and discovered that a neighbor's dog had accidentally been left outside when the whole family went away for a pool party.  The little white dog was not happy and barking a lot, but stayed close to home, mostly in her own yard.  It was very hot, so I took a container of water over and left it for her on the porch, but she wouldn't let me get close.  Fortunately when the family returned the dog was still sticking close to home and was happily reunited with the parents and kids.   Today my doorbell rang and it was the little girl, Jessica, with a pot of these little lavender flowers to say thank you for taking care of her dog.  I was surprised and touched.  How thoughtful of them to wait until we returned and surprise me.  Nice neighbors.  

#   #   #

1 comment:

Sherrie Spangler said...

Happy Early Birthday! I say, eat cake and eat it often!