Monday, August 5, 2019

We are home! 08-05-19

It was a 490 mile day, leaving from Mary's in San Juan Bautista at 9:15am and arriving at our house at 7:11pm.  I had some things from Mabel to deliver to her daughter in Tehachapi in the high desert, which is a loop east from I-5.  I trusted the GPS and didn't go where I intended to go, so Karen, Mabel's daughter, met me in Mojave and we transferred from our car to hers.  It was 106F and I found the sole spot of shade from a skinny tree in the McDonald's parking lot.  Too hot for KoKo to walk on the asphalt so he had to wait until I found another shady spot for him.  Then we headed east on highway 58 to where it meets I-15 just south of Barstow.  Had a pit stop at Lenwood, which is all fast food places, gas stations, an outlet mall, and a few motels.  We used to stop there on our way to Lake Havasu City when I took care of Corky, the Poodle Prince.  It has grown a lot and now spreads on both sides of the highway.  It was 108F there.  South in heavy traffic on I-15 to the 91 Freeway and then just two miles home.  KoKo had to immediately take a walk.  Poor guy being cooped up in the car all day with just a few rest areas to have a little walk and a piddle.  I don't think he really enjoyed the road trip.  Now he is passed out in his chair and I am about to pass out in my chair.  Emptied the ice chest and brought in the necessary things for both of us, but the car is still packed - all that workshop stuff and clothes (mostly clean since Mabel let me do a load at her house) and my Featherweight which Mabel serviced for me and taught me how to do it, and...  well, the stuff I seem to take on a road trip.  Tomorrow, or even Wednesday, is soon enough to unpack.  

I'll have some more pictures from the road, but too tired tonight.

KoKo observing the people parking at McDonald's.

 This scrawy tree cast the only shade in the parking lot.  I parked on the line, taking up two parking spots, but KoKo deserved it!!

#   #   #

1 comment:

Carol said...

So glad you are home! Rest well, friend.