Tuesday, September 3, 2019

A visit to VAM in SDiego 09-03-19

For some unknown reason the drive to San Diego and back was very easy today.  It was about an hour and 45 minutes each way.  A great contrast to the times it has taken three hours on the road - each way.  I went down to have lunch with my friend Beth Smith and to see the exhibits at Visions Art Museum.  They are worth the trip, especially the Carol Larson/Marion Coleman exhibit.  It is a very personal expression of their lives and their art.  

We had our favorite sushi rolls at Ikiru and visited for several hours.  It was 84F in SDiego today, but not so hot at Liberty Station.   However, it was 97F in Placentia and the humidity was about 50%.  Doesn't seem like much to those of you who live with almost 100%, but I am not used to it and it saps my strength.  At 9pm it was still 84F, so KoKo and I had a very short walk tonight.  

This is the lemon roll which has paper thin slices of lemons in the cuts. 

This is my favorite, the Ultimate Crab Roll which is broiled rather than raw. 

All the way north on I-5 I could look at this huge pile of clouds which was centered over the San Bernardino Mountains.  May be what created the humidity. 

#   #   # 

1 comment:

Carol said...

Sounds like a wonderful day!