Friday, September 6, 2019

Friday Food 09-06-19

Here is a food post from the past!  I was looking through food pictures (and getting hungry) when I came across this post and realized that I have not made this salad all summer.  Don't know why not, it is one of my most favorite things to eat in the heat.  Give it a try, you'll love it.  

Wednesday Watermelon Salad 06-25-14

This is the best summer salad.  It is a recipe shared by Meg in Australia back in July 2009. 
There aren't any exact measurements, but this is what I use for just one dinner size serving:
3 - 4 radishes sliced
half a small can of sliced black olives
1/2 naval orange cut into small pieces
2 cups of watermelon squares - about an inch.
a couple hands full of mixed greens OR baby spinach OR what have you.
Toss with a dressing made with olive oil and fresh lemon juice. 
#   #   #

1 comment:

Sherrie Spangler said...

That sounds refreshing for the summer, but here in the Northwest we've already moved into fall. I'm glad I'm not the only one who looks at old food pictures!