Sunday, September 1, 2019

Ten Little Quilts 09-01-19

First I will re-post my birthday cake candles.  I turned 81 today!  Can't believe it!
Thanks for all the birthday wishes, like an online party!


And here are five of the ten little quilts I made for my SQG Challenge quilt "Hang Ten Quilts at the Quilt Show".  As I said before, the quilt as a whole is not very good, but I like the ten little quilts.  They are all machine quilted. 

"Red Star"  Del Thomas 2019  6" X 6"
Red and white 1" squares fused to a base. ZigZag binding. 
Since I didn't make quilts for several years, my skills are very rusty, as you can see by the machine quilting on this one.  

 "Reflections"  Del Thomas 2019  5.25" X 5.25"
Cut from an unsuccessful quilt from 20 years ago.  Fused strips, fused freeform shapes, gold leaf overlay.  Fused border with ZigZag binding. 

 "Apple Tree"  Del Thomas  2019  4.75" X 4.75"
Printed fabric with machine stitched outline.  Background dots hand stitched.  Sewn borders with ZigZag binding.  

"Blue-violet Star" Del Thomas 2019 4" X 4.25"
The star is reverse applique done on the machine by Toni Mahoney.  When she stopped quilting it was in her UFOs.  I believe it was done in a Carol Taylor workshop.  I colored the star with fabric pens.  ZigZag binding. 

"Dots and Lines"  Del Thomas  2019  3.25" X 5.75" 
Printed fabric with machine stitched outlines. Fused binding. 

#   #   #

2 comments:

Carol said...

I especially like The Apple Tree!

Sherrie Spangler said...

Happy belated birthday! That chocolate cake looks yummy.