Tuesday, October 1, 2019

I do enjoying quilting 10-01-19

It isn't a very big project, just four little pre-printed coasters, but I have been working on them a bit every day.  Since getting away from sewing, for an unknown reason, I am gradually returning and reviving my skills.  My arthritic hands don't work the same, but I am adapting to new ways to deal with that problem.  

Here they are, all quilted and ready for satin stitch binding.  I haven't trimmed them to the edge of the image because I think it works best if that is done just before the binding process.  All the black outlines are stitched, but not free motion, just plugging along, sometimes one stitch at a time. 


And a tiny bit of hand stitching (stab stitch) on the dotted lines showing the bees buzzing.  It just needed to be done and I can still hand stitch, slowly and carefully. 

Of course, with the dark red checked backing the quilting hardly shows, but it seemed like the perfect fabric to go with the farming designs. 

Hope someone will enjoy them for years to come. 

#   #   #

No comments: