Monday, November 4, 2019

The Best of Show at Quilt Festival in Houston 2019 11-04-19

I have read some moaning about the winner of the Best of Show at Houston.  Some feel that it is too traditional!  Well, only a few years ago some were complaining about the winning quilt not being a REAL quilt because it wasn't
traditional!  Someone will always disagree, I think.  I think this is a lovely quilt and I wish I could see it in the fabric.  
Congratulations to the maker. 

There are many sites with pictures of the winners and a lot more quilts.  Just Google "Quilt Festival 2019" or whatever phrase you can come up with, it will lead you somewhere.
Here are a few videos from the weekend. 



Amy Milne of Quilt Alliance did some nice videos with voice over, but I don't see them on their site yet, maybe she will do it after she rests up from the jam-packed weekend.  Check back later in the week.  

And if you have pictures you want to share, send me the URL and I will post it here.

#   #   #

1 comment:

Janet W said...

I was there and it is absolutely stunning. The back is a separate whole cloth quilt with different quilting. I'm an art quilter and I thought this was an amazing piece and definitely worthy of the award.