Sunday, November 3, 2019

A quilt from the past in TCQC 11-03-19

Terry Grant has been in Houston this weekend with some of her quilts as part of an exhibit "Rising Stars".  I think that is a little deceptive since Terry has been making quilts for many years and has been in many shows.  But I am just happy she is there showing her work, whatever it is billed as.  There are a number of Terry's quilts in TCQC, including one that was hanging at Houston, "Douglas Fir Cone".  Below is a repost of "Oregon Junco" which I posted in 2011 and 2015.


Revisiting a tiny quilt by Terry Grant 

This is such a charming image and reminds me of my childhood in Oregon where the Juncos stayed all year.  With the change in climate I'm not sure what they do now.

The snowflakes are each two tiny white stitches.


"Oregon Junco"  Terry Grant  2007  9" x 9"







#   #   #

No comments: